When you were younger, you may have learned about Thanksgiving by talking about the Pilgrims that traveled across the ocean in the Mayflower to flee religious persecution. The story of Thanksgiving is a beautiful story of being thankful for what you have, but you can take this Pilgrim Thanksgiving activity and talk about everything there is to know about Thanksgiving.
I am an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Pilgrim Thanksgiving Activities And Gratitude
As I have taught many children, one thing I really like to focus on is gratitude. It is important for us to be thankful for the things we have. And, sometimes we forget how much we have because life seems to throw us curve balls. But, gratitude can change our brains and give us more of a positive outlook on life. Here are some things you can do to work on gratitude:
- Make a thankful turkey: For each feather, have your child write something they are thankful for.
- Try a gratitude jar: Write things you are thankful for throughout the month of November. On Thanksgiving day, read all the thankfulness.
- Help out in a homeless shelter: A great way for children to understand gratitude is to help others less fortunate than themselves.
- Visit someone in a nursing home: Showing gratitude isn’t just about saying you are thankful, but showing it to others in the world.
tips/INFO followed by a photo of the craft. (hero shot)
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR tHIS fuN pAPER cRAFT
Here are the supplies needed for this easy and fun pilgrim paper craft activity.
Busy Now? Why Not Pin This Pilgrim Craft For Later!
How to Make This Pilgrim Thanksgiving Activity
To create this fun pilgrim craft project, download the printable template and print out on the correct color pages.
Have the kids cut out the different template pieces such as the pilgrim face, hair, pilgrim hat, eyes and so forth.
Once all the pilgrim pieces are cut out have the kids glue the pieces together to create the pilgrim girl.
You can use this craft to create a scene for Thanksgiving or extend the activity by inviting the kid to write a list of the things they are thankful for. Having gratitude is a wonderful thing and this activity can be a great way to teach young children about being grateful and thankful for the things we have and for the many blessings in our lives.
- Colored Paper
- Black Marker Pen
- Printer and Ink
- To create this fun pilgrim craft project, download the printable template and print out on the correct color pages.
- Have the kids cut out the different template pieces such as the pilgrim face, hair, pilgrim hat, eyes and so forth.
- Once all the pilgrim pieces are cut out have the kids glue the pieces together to create the pilgrim girl.
Download Your Pilgrim Girl Template Here!
Did you enjoy this fun pilgrim paper craft? You may also love the following posts:
- Easy Thanksgiving Crafts for Kids
- Thanksgiving Turkey Craft with Accordion Legs
- Easy Paper Turkey Craft
- Lollipop Stick Thanksgiving Craft
Busy now? Why not pin this fantastic resource for later? Pinning supports my blog and allows me to create more content to help little ones learn. I’m truly grateful for any social shares.
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who specialised in Preschool and Kindergarten teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and is passionate about kids crafts, preschool music and reading with kids. Don’t forget to follow our fun crafts and creative ideas over on Facebook.