Whether you’re teaching your child about Arctic animals or are just introducing him to different beings of the animal world, here’s the perfect activity to do that! Get him started on this Arctic animals stoat craft activity that’s super easy and so much fun too!
I am an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
What Is A Stoat?
A stoat is basically a small mammal, which closely resembles a weasel. They have a pointed face, small ears and very tiny eyes.
5 Arctic Stoat Facts
Ready to get your kiddo to try out this Arctic animals stoat craft activity? Take it up a notch by teaming it up with these interesting facts.
- The fur on a stoat’s body can have different colours, depending on the region the stoat belongs to. Arctic stoats usually have a white coat.
- Male stoats are usually much bigger in size than female stoats.
- Stoats are nocturnal creatures, which means they are more active during the dawn and dusk.
- When scared, stoats can emit a bad smelling fluid from their body to keep away predators.
- Stoats have a very good sense of smell.
Supplies Needed For This Arctic Stoat Paper Craft
Ready to get started on this fun craft activity? Here’s what you’ll need.
- Colored Stock Card
- Black Marker Pen
- Iodised salt
- Watercolor Paints
How To Create This Arctic Stoat Project
Getting started with this stoat craft project is easy. Download and print out the free printable I’ve attached towards the end.
Cut out the individual elements of the stoat and lay them out as you can see in the picture.
Get your little one to use a glue stick and stick together the pieces that make up the stoat.
And that’s it!
You can also get your kiddo to paint a watercolour background to go along with it.
Tips For Painting A Watercolor Canvas
Let him stick to simple colours and colour combinations as you can see here.
And of course, here’s the quick link to download the free printable.
Download Your Free Stoat Craft Template Here
Looking for some more fun activities to get your toddler engrossed in? Here are a few of my favorites.
- Colorful Seahorse Craft For Preschool Kids
- Kids Seagull Art And Craft Project
- Autumn Animals Activity Printables Free Download
- Super Fun Activities For Kids
- Amazing Ocean Animal Crafts For Kids
Busy now? Why not pin this fantastic resource for later? Pinning supports my blog and allows me to create more content to help little ones learn. I’m truly grateful for any social shares.
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who specialised in Preschool and Kindergarten teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and is passionate about kids crafts, preschool music and reading with kids. Don’t forget to follow our fun crafts and creative ideas over on Facebook.