Whether you teach preschool or elementary school, the first day of school can be a hectic time. This paper craft can be done during a down time, 10 minutes before a special class, or as a filler for kids who get done early.
Either way this super fun school house paper craft is sure to be a big hit and fun activity for the kids.
I am an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
School Craft: Add an Educational Twist
This craft can be great for younger kids in preschool or kindergarten. It is a great way to build those fine motor skills to prepare little ones for writing. Since reading and writing go together like PB&J, building fine motor skills is crucial.
To add a little educational twist to this back to school paper craft, here are some fun things you can do with this craft:
- Read Curious George’s First Day of School. Have students compare and contrast their first day of school with George’s first day. Kids can use the school house as a basis for their picture of the first day of school
- Talk about school rules. Use this craft as a guide to help students understand rules that are at school verses rules that are at home. Write school rules around the school house to enforce them.
- Compare the school house to the school building children are attending. Talk about how school houses used to look like this craft and why. What is the same? What is different? Which school do they like better?
Supplies For This Back To School Craft
Paper Craft School House Instructions
Download and print out the school house template. Cut out and set aside.
Glue the pieces together with a glue stick. Use the photos as a guide.
You can also use this as a regular house craft. Simply leave off the tower and the school sign!
Add the school roof and bell to the tower.
Now add the school sign and windows.
You can print this craft on any color paper you like!
Your school house paper craft is now complete. Enjoy!
Download your free School paper craft template today!
Find More Fun Kids Arts And Crafts Here!
- DIY C3P0 Sugar Skull Craft
- DIY Haunted House For Kids
- Mad Scientist Line Study
- Easy Bee Crafts For Kids
- Star Wars Millennium Falcon Craft
- Sea Turtle Art And Craft For Kids
Busy now? Why not pin this fantastic resource for later? Pinning supports my blog and allows me to create more content to help little ones learn. I’m truly grateful for any social shares.
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who specialised in Preschool and Kindergarten teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and is passionate about kids crafts, preschool music and reading with kids. Don’t forget to follow our fun crafts and creative ideas over on Facebook.