Counting is the basis for all the math skills your child will learn. These frog themed preschool counting mats are a perfect starting point for little ones and make learning so much fun!
How to Use Frog Preschool Counting Mats
There are many ways you can use these mats to help little ones learn their numbers and how to count to 10. Here are some ways you can use them:
- Laminate them: You can laminate these mats so that you can use them over and over. Dry erase markers are great for counting the dots.
- Get counters: You can use pennies, rocks, or other counters to place over the dots. This allows you to use the mats more than once.
- Color the numbers: Coloring the numbers helps little ones to identify each number. It’s also a great way to build up fine motor and writing skills.
- Color the dots: Color each dot in for the number on the mat. This will only allow you to use the mats one time, but you can use them as flashcards.
- Use them as flash cards: Use these mats as flash cards to practice number recognition.
Download the Frog PRINTABLES Here!
Did you enjoy this fun activity? You may also love the following posts:
- Fruit Counting Play Dough Mats
- Money Counting Math Activity and Challenges
- Tropical Bird Printable Number Puzzles
- Dinosaur Number Puzzles
Busy now? Why not pin this fantastic resource for later? Pinning supports my blog and allows me to create more content to help little ones learn. I’m truly grateful for any social shares.
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who specialised in Preschool and Kindergarten teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and is passionate about kids crafts, preschool music and reading with kids. Don’t forget to follow our fun crafts and creative ideas over on Facebook.