This cute pig template printable is perfect for kid’s craft sessions, school projects, and more! Simply print out the template, cut out the shapes, and assemble. Whether you’re doing a farm animal unit study or just want a fun pig craft for kids, this is the perfect activity for a rainy day.
I am an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Pig Crafts For Preschool
How can making crafts of animals benefit kids?
Crafting with your kids can help them in several ways. It can teach them fine motor skills, color recognition, inspire their creativity, and even help them learn about animals. If you’re doing a farm animal unit study, crafting pig crafts for preschool is the perfect way to supplement your lessons. Not only will the kids have fun, but they’ll also be learning without even realizing it.
Why Fine Motor Skills Are Important
Fine motor skills are the ability to control the small muscles in our hands and fingers. These skills are important for everyday activities such as writing, brushing teeth, tying shoes, and eating with a fork and knife. By crafting with your kids, you’re helping them develop these essential skills.
This build-a-pig template is a good way to practice fine motor skills. The kids will need to use their fingers and hands to cut out the shapes and then glue them together.
What You’ll Need For This Pig Template Craft
- Horse Template Printable (download below)
- Craft Paper
- Scissors (optional)
- Crayons, markers, paint, glitter glue, etc.
How To Make This Pig Cut Out
1. Print out the pig template printable on construction paper or cardstock.
2. Cut out the shapes from the template.
3. Assemble the pig by gluing or taping the pieces together.
4. Add any other details you’d like, such as the pig’s eyes and the pig snout cut out from construction paper.
5. Enjoy your cute pig craft!
Fun Facts about Pigs
While making this fun pig cut out into a papercraft why not share some fun facts about pigs with the kids. Here are a few interesting facts about pigs for kids that you may or may not know.
1. Pigs are intelligent animals and are even smarter than dogs!
2. Pigs have good memories and can learn tricks just like dogs can.
3. A pig’s snout is very sensitive and they use it to help them find food in the ground.
4. Pigs sweat a lot! They sweat through their pores which are located all over their body, even on their tails.
5. Pigs can’t look up into the sky because their necks are too short.
6. Pigs are social animals and love to cuddle with each other.
7. Baby pigs are called piglets.
8. Female pigs are called sows and male pigs are called boars.
9. Pigs are omnivores, which means they eat both plants and animals.
10. Some popular breeds of pigs include the Yorkshire, Hampshire, and Duroc.
11. Pigs are found all over the world, but most of them live in Asia.
12. The largest pig in the world was a Yorkshire pig named Big Bill and he weighed in at 2,552 lbs!
13. The smallest pig in the world is the Juliana breed and they can weigh as little as 12 lbs when fully grown.
14. Pigs have 4 toes on each foot and each toe ends in a hoof.
15. Pigs are very clean animals and they will not go to the bathroom where they eat or sleep.
You may also love these Printable Templates
Looking for more fun animal crafts for kids? Check out these ideas!
Sheep Template Printable
Chicken Template Printable
Horse Printable Template
Cow Craft Printable
Easy Chameleon Printable
Download Your Farm Animal Pig Templates here.
Looking for more farm animal crafts? Check out our collection of farm animal crafts for kids!
- Farm Animal Old Mcdonald Eggs
- Build A Goldfish Kids Craft
- The Best Sheep Crafts Ideas For Kids
- Cow Crafts To Make With Kids
- Dog Crafts For Kids Tp Make At Home
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who specialised in Preschool and Kindergarten teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and is passionate about kids crafts, preschool music and reading with kids. Don’t forget to follow our fun crafts and creative ideas over on Facebook.