Printable Bird Template For Kids
Does your child love birds? Or are you teaching young children about birds or wildlife in the classroom? Either way, this printable bird template is perfect for you! It can be used as a coloring page, or as a template for craft projects. The kids will love it and it’s super simple and easy to use.
Kids Bird Craft
With only 8 pieces to cut out, this simple bird craft cut and paste project is a great preschool resource for young children who are developing fine motor skills.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED FOR THIS BIRD PAPER CRAFT
- Bird Template Printable (download below)
- Craft Paper
- Scissors (optional)
- Crayons, markers, paint, glitter glue, etc.
How to Use This Bird Template Printable
To use the bird template printable simply print it out on regular printer paper. You can also print it on card stock for a sturdier project.
Next cut out the template pieces and let your child color or paint them.
You could also do any one of the following ideas:
– Decorate the bird with feathers, sequins, or other craft materials.
– Glue the bird template onto a popsicle stick to create a fun puppet.
– Make a mobile or garland by stringing the birds up with yarn or ribbon.
– Use the template to trace and cut out birds from different colored paper or fabric.
10 Fun Facts About Birds
Birds are some of the most popular animals in the world, and there are good reasons for that! They come in all shapes and sizes, they can fly, and they’re cool to watch.
Here are 10 fun facts about birds that you might not know:
1. There are more than 10,000 different types of birds in the world.
2. The biggest bird in the world is the ostrich. It can weigh up to 345 pounds and its eggs can weigh up to 3 pounds each!
3. The smallest bird in the world is the bee hummingbird. It weighs less than a penny and is only 2 inches long.
4. Birds have a lot of feathers. A chicken has about 5,000 feathers, and an eagle has up to 7,000.
5. Most birds can fly, but not all of them. Ostriches, emus, and kiwis can’t fly.
6. Birds eat a lot of different things, including insects, fruits, and other animals.
7. Birds can see ultraviolet light, which helps them find food and mates.
8. Birds have a special type of wing that helps them fly. It’s called a “flight feather.”
9. The fastest bird is the peregrine falcon. It can fly up to 240 miles per hour!
10. Birds are interesting creatures, and there’s a lot to learn about them. We hope you enjoyed these fun facts.
This bird template printable is perfect for springtime crafts but can be used any time of year. So have fun with it and be creative!
So what are you waiting for? Get crafting with this printable bird template today!
Get your Printable Bird Template Here!
Looking for more animal themed crafts? Check out our collection of farm animal crafts for kids!
- Farm Animal Old Mcdonald Eggs
- Pig Craft Ideas For Preschool Kids
- The Best Sheep Crafts Ideas For Kids
- Cow Crafts To Make With Kids
- Dog Crafts For Kids Tp Make At Home
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who specialised in Preschool and Kindergarten teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and is passionate about kids crafts, preschool music and reading with kids. Don’t forget to follow our fun crafts and creative ideas over on Facebook.