Looking for a fun and easy way to keep the kids entertained? Why not try this printable cat template! Just print it out and let the kids get creative, adding their own colours, patterns and details. They’ll love bringing their own kitty designs to life!
Teaching Kids About Cats
Cats make great pets for kids! They’re usually gentle and affectionate and can be a lot of fun to play with. But before you get a cat, it’s important to do your research and teach your kids how to care for them properly. Here are some tips:
– Choose the right breed of cat.
– Get your cat from a reputable source. Adopt from a shelter or rescue organization, or buy from a responsible breeder.
– Spay or neuter your cat. This will help to prevent unwanted litters of kittens and reduce the risk of certain health problems.
– Teach your kids how to handle and play with cats gently.
– Show your kids how to properly care for a cat, including feeding, grooming and providing a litter box.
– Keep your cat healthy by taking them for regular vet check-ups.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that your kids and your new cat will have a happy, healthy and lifelong relationship!
Now onto this fun cat craft! This printable cat template is perfect for kids of all ages. Just print it out, grab some crayons, markers or coloured pencils and let the kids get creative.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR THIS CAT CRAFT
- Cat Template Printable (download below)
- Craft Paper
- Scissors (optional)
- Crayons, markers, paint, glitter glue, etc.
Having Fun With Cat Crafts
Once the kids have finished decorating their cat templates, they can use them to create all sorts of fun crafts! Here are a few ideas:
– Make a paper chain by stringing the cats together with some yarn or ribbon.
– Glue the cats onto popsicle sticks to make puppets.
– Use them as gift tags or party favors.
– Hang them up as decorations.
– Make a mobile by suspending them from the ceiling with some string or fishing wire.
– Use them as templates to make felt or fabric cats.
Get creative and have fun!
For more fun and easy crafts for kids, be sure to check out our website! We have a wide variety of printables and tutorials to choose from.
Looking for more animal templates? We’ve got a whole bunch! Check out our printable turtle template, bunny template, dragon template and reindeer template.
We hope you enjoy this printable cat template.
Download Your Free Printable Cat Template Here!
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who specialised in Preschool and Kindergarten teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and is passionate about kids crafts, preschool music and reading with kids. Don’t forget to follow our fun crafts and creative ideas over on Facebook.