Themed activities are a great way to get little ones engaged in learning. These Fruit themed counting cards are perfect for helping your preschooler recognize their numbers and count to 10.
How to Use Fruit themed counting cards
There are many different ways to use these fruit themed counting cards to engage kids even more. Here are some ways you can use them:
- Get out the fruit: Since these are fruit counting mats, you can get out actual fruit to use with them. Have kids count 1 lemon, 2 oranges, 3 strawberries and etc.
- Use play dough: Play dough is a great way to work those find motor skills. Have kids count and use the play dough to make the different fruits.
- Color the numbers: Color and count 1 number mat per day. This is a great way to build on number recognition and counting each day for 10 days.
- Laminate them: If you want to get more than 1 use out of these counting cards, laminate them. By laminating them, you can have kids color the numbers and counting circles over and over again. In addition, you can use them as flash cards.
- Get out the counters: Pennies, rocks, or other small objects make great counters that kids can place on the mats. Have them place the correct number of counters on each mat.
Download the Playdough Mats Here!
Did you enjoy this fun activity? You may also love the following posts:
- Money Counting Math Activity and Challenges
- Tropical Bird Printable Number Puzzles
- Dinosaur Number Puzzles
- Butterfly Sudoku Printable
Busy now? Why not pin this fantastic resource for later? Pinning supports my blog and allows me to create more content to help little ones learn. I’m truly grateful for any social shares.
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who specialised in Preschool and Kindergarten teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and is passionate about kids crafts, preschool music and reading with kids. Don’t forget to follow our fun crafts and creative ideas over on Facebook.