One of the most beloved Christmas figures is the tall, green, yellow-eyed Grinch. His iconic lanky appearance has been popular among children for decades.
When your child is cooped at home with nothing to do they’d be glad for some distraction from all the end of the year madness. A fine distraction would be an easy art and craft activity.
This paper craft activity is sure to keep your children occupied and happy for hours together, leaving you with enough time to attend to your work or domestic chores.
Are you ready to have some fun this Christmas season? Scroll down for more details on how you can use this craft set to entertain your child.
I am an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
The Story Of The Grinch
If you choose to help your child out with this activity, you could tell them a short version of the Grinch’s story to pique their interest. These pointers should help you give them a quick summary:
- The Grinch – like the Marvel character The Incredible Hulk – is known to be very hot-tempered and difficult to please
- The Grinch is known to hate Christmas because his heart was two sizes smaller than a regular heart
- He lives with an adorable little dog named Max on Mt. Crumpit above the village of Who-ville
- The Grinch plans on stopping Christmas by disguising himself as Santa Claus and his dog Max as a reindeer
- He enters people’s houses and steals their gifts, bags, firewood and Christmas tree
- At the end of the story, the Grinch hears people in the village singing on Christmas morning when he’s escaping on his sled
- This makes him realise that Christmas has nothing to do with presents and possessions so he has a change of heart and joins in the celebrations
RELATED POST: EASY GRINCH PARTY FOOD IDEA
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR This dR seuss GRINCH CRAFT
- Construction Paper (or cardstock)
- Fine Tip Black Marker
- Crayons, Markers or Colored Pencils
Busy Now? Why Not Pin This Grinch Craft For Later!
HOW TO MAKE THIS GRINCH PAPER CRAFT
To make this fantastic Grinch themed craft all you need is the printable download and a few fantastic supplies. Print out the Grinch template either on colored card stock as indicated on each page or on white paper.
If printing on white then color in your template pieces before cutting them out and putting together.
Use the glue to assemble your paper grinch craft and enjoy the story of the Grinch or movie with the kids.
Don’t forget to use the writing prompts in the printable download to make this fun craft into a writing activity and download the other fun paper crafts available here on Craft Play Learn.
Download Your Grinch Paper Template Here!
Did you enjoy this fun Dr Seuss Craft? You may also love the following posts:
31 Dr. Seuss Day Activities Kids Will Love
Cat in the Hat Hand Print Painting
Busy now? Why not pin this fantastic resource for later? Pinning supports my blog and allows me to create more content to help little ones learn. I’m truly grateful for any social shares.
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who specialised in Preschool and Kindergarten teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and is passionate about kids crafts, preschool music and reading with kids. Don’t forget to follow our fun crafts and creative ideas over on Facebook.
Leave a Reply