I love Dr. Suess style books. One of my favorites is the “Put Me in the Zoo.” Dr. Suess style books are filled with silly words and funny stories, but they are also chopped full of educational lessons. This Dr Seuss Zoo Bark treat is a super easy and you can do after reading the story!
If you want to add some more educational lessons to this treat, here are some things you can do:
- Brainstorm what you know about zoos and zoo animals.
- Ask thought provoking questions like:
- Which animal was in the zoo?
- Why do we put animals in the zoo?
- How do you think the animals feel about being in the zoo?
- Use the book to help identify the letter Z and its sound.
- Look for high frequency sight words and post them where students can learn to read them.
- Use Polka dots to count, determine more than and less than, or to add and subtract.
- Use worksheet resources to teach sequencing, counting, writing, and more.
There is so much you can do with this book, but don’t forget our craft!
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
What’s Needed for this Dr Seuss party food Idea
- 2 Cups Yellow Chocolate Discs
- M&M’s (Blue, Red, Green, Orange & Purple) I found the purple ones at our candy store in the mall. You could use purple skittles as well.
Dr. Seuss Zoo Bark Directions
Melt the yellow chocolate according to package directions.
Spread onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
Add the M&M’s and let dry for about an hour.
You can place this in the fridge to speed up the process.
Cut or break into pieces and Enjoy!!
Now this Dr Seuss bark looks super tasty! We love smarties and chocolate. Who doesn’t! It’s a great treat to make as you extend your child’s learning with this book.
A great treat to make on Dr. Seuss Day, March 2nd!
Check out our list of the best Dr Seuss Books for kids.
If you love Dr. Seuss books like I do, here are some more great craft ideas you can do with his books!
- The Lorax Paper Bag Puppet
- 31 Dr. Seuss Day Activities Kids Will Love
- Cat in the Hat Hand Print Painting
- Green Eggs and Ham Ideas
Busy right now? Please pin these for later! Pinning supports my blog and allows me to share more fantastic content.