Dr Seuss Truffula Tree Cupcakes To Celebrate Dr Seuss Day
Today on Craft Play Learn we are sharing another fantastic and fun Dr Seuss themed activity for your next Dr Seuss Party or Dr Seuss Day celebration.
If you’re a fan of The Lorax then you will love these super cute Lorax Truffula Tree Cupcakes. They are both fun and simple to make and make a really colorful and bright party food idea.
I know the kids will love these fantastic cupcakes as they enjoy reading Dr Seuss stories and celebrate words that rhyme.
I am an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Ingredients For These Dr Seuss Party Cupcakes
- 6 Prepared Cupcakes (I used white cake with green liners)
- 1 Can White Frosting
- Green Candy Shreds or Green Jimmies
- 1 ½ Cups Shredded Coconut
- 10-12 Dum Dum Suckers
- Food Coloring (Pink, Blue, Purple, Orange, Yellow, Green)
How To Make Truffula Tree Cupcakes
1. Place about ½ can of frosting in a small bowl and add 2-3 drops of green food coloring, mix well.
2. Frost each cupcake with a knife. Sprinkle on the green candy shreds or jimmies and set aside.
3. Divide the shredded coconut up between six bowls. Add 2-3 drops of different food coloring to each bowl and mix well.
4. Add a little white frosting to a small bowl. Unwrap a dum dum and twirl it in the frosting so it’s coated nice and even but not to thick.
5. Place the frosted sucker into one of the coconut bowls and coat it well.
6. Lay on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Repeat steps until you have all the “truffula” trees made.
Ready to serve and enjoy!! Perfect for any Dr. Seuss party!
Don’t these Dr Seuss Cupcakes look fantastic. We love The Lorax and these Truffula Tree Cupcakes are fantastic.
You may also enjoy the following Dr Seuss Day Food Ideas:
Dr Seuss The Lorax Cupcakes
Busy now? Why not pin this fantastic resource for later? Pinning supports my blog and allows me to create more content to help little ones learn. I’m truly grateful for any social shares.
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who specialised in Preschool and Kindergarten teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and is passionate about kids crafts, preschool music and reading with kids. Don’t forget to follow our fun crafts and creative ideas over on Facebook.