Teaching the alphabet can be super fun! In fact there are so many fun Alphabet activities that you can teach preschool kids. Music is a great way to teach children the alphabet. It helps them to learn to say the basic sounds of each letter.
I am an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Have Fun Teaching The Alphabet Song
You may want to create alphabet cards or even use some alphabet magnets or images to help kids learn to recognise the shapes of the alphabet as they sing. You can teach children the Alphabet song at home and in the preschool setting. Music is a fun way for little ones to learn.
I’ll share some fantastic ideas for teaching kids the alphabet further on in this post. Check out our free Alphabet worksheets. These could go nicely with this!
The Alphabet Song Lyrics
Here are the words for the ABC Alphabet Song.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Now I know my ABC’s next time won’t you sing with me.
Teaching Kids The Alphabet Through Music
Teaching the alphabet through music is a fantastic idea and you may want to find and or make your own resources to do this.
So How Do You Make Learning The Alphabet Letters Fun?
Here are some fun ideas for making learning the alphabet fun!
- Create foam letters to hold up as the kids sing the alphabet song.
- Teach different versions of the alphabet song. For example you may want to teach the Sesame Street alphabet song or the phonics alphabet song. These are two popular alphabet songs for teaching the sounds of each letter.
- Create a simple letter box, where the you post Upper case letters into one box and Lower case letters into another.
- Maybe even explore the alphabet while baking or when using play-dough. You can find a fantastic play-doh recipe here for creating different letters with the kids.
- You might want to buy an Alphabet book to read to the kids at mat time or at home alongside your singing session. One of my favourite books is Alphabet Animals At Bedtime by Aaron Adams
Busy now? Why not pin this fantastic resource for later? Pinning supports my blog and allows me to create more content to help little ones learn. I’m truly grateful for any social shares.
Download The ABC Alphabet Song Printable Here
For More Fun Free Nursery Rhyme Printables Check Out The Following Posts:
- ABC Alphabet Song
- Animal Fair
- A Sailor Went To Sea Sea Sea
- Alice The Camel
- A Tisket A Tasket
- All The Pretty Horses
- Around The Green Gravel
- Baa Baa Black Sheep
- Baby Bumble Bee
- Baby Dolly
- B-I-N-G-O Dog Song
- Butterfly Butterfly Song
- Banbury Cross
- Boys And Girls Come Out And Play
- Chick Chick Chicken
- Cobbler Cobbler
- Dance To Your Daddy
- Ding Dong Dell
- Five Currant Buns
- Five Speckled Frogs
- Five Little Monkeys
- Five Little Ducks
- Frere Jaques
- Georgie Porgie Pudding In Pie
- Goosey Goosey Gander
- Going To Saint Ives
- Golden Slumbers
- Hickory Dickory Dock
- Hey Diddle Diddle
- Humpty Dumpty
- Hush Little Baby
- I Can Sing A Rainbow
- It’s Raining It’s Pouring
- Itsy Bitsy Spider
- If You’re Happy And You Know It
- I Had A Little Nut Tree
- I’m A Little Teapot
- I Saw A Ship A-Sailing
- Jack And Jill
- Little Bo Peep
- Little Polly Flinders
- Mary Had A Little Lamb
- Mary Mary Quite Contrary
- Oats And Beans And Barley Grow
- This Little Piggy Went To Market
- Ten Fat Sausages
- Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
- To Market To Market
- Where Has My Little Dog Gone
- Wind The Bobbin Up
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who specialised in Preschool and Kindergarten teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and is passionate about kids crafts, preschool music and reading with kids. Don’t forget to follow our fun crafts and creative ideas over on Facebook.