A Sailor Went to Sea Sea Sea
This Nursery Rhyme has to be one of my all time favorites. Not only is A Sailor Went To Sea Sea Sea a fun song to sing, but there are so many ways to use it in an educational setting. Below, you will learn how you can use this song to help children in their language and reading skills.
- Students will be able to find the title of the nursery rhyme.
- Students will be able to learn reading from left to right.
- Students will be able to orally recite the nursery rhyme.
- Students will be able to define and understand homophones.
- Students will be able to identify the word family “ee”
- Students will be able to state two words that rhyme for each nursery rhyme.
A Sailor Went to Sea Sea Sea Lessons and Activities
To get the most out of this fun song, there are many different kinds of lessons and activities you can do. Here are just a few:
- Play a rhyming word match up game using the rhyming words in this song and others.
- Add the “ee” word family to your word family chart. Practice coming up with more words that are spelled with “ee.”
- Sing the song then have students sing the song while looking at the words. Have them follow along to help them read it.
- Practice reading this song individually to build reading confidence.
- Talk about homophones. This will help children identify words that sound the same, but are spelled differently. Here are some Kinesthetic activities you can do to teach homophones.
- Dive deeper into sea life. Ask questions like what would you see in the ocean? How much water will you see? What would life be like as a sailor?
- Tie this into science and art by making a sailboat craft, ocean themed slime, or one of these 101 Ocean Crafts for preschoolers.
I am an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
A Sailor Went To Sea Sea Sea Lyrics
Here are the words for the nursery rhyme:
A sailor went to sea, sea, sea
To see what he could see, see, see
But all that he could see, see, see
Was the bottom of the deep blue sea, sea, sea!.
For More Fun Free Nursery Rhyme Printables Check Out The Following Posts:
- ABC Alphabet Song
- Animal Fair
- A Sailor Went To Sea Sea Sea
- Alice The Camel
- A Tisket A Tasket
- All The Pretty Horses
- Around The Green Gravel
- Baa Baa Black Sheep
- Baby Bumble Bee
- Baby Dolly
- B-I-N-G-O Dog Song
- Butterfly Butterfly Song
- Banbury Cross
- Boys And Girls Come Out And Play
- Chick Chick Chicken
- Cobbler Cobbler
- Dance To Your Daddy
- Ding Dong Dell
- Five Currant Buns
- Five Speckled Frogs
- Five Little Monkeys
- Five Little Ducks
- Frere Jaques
- Georgie Porgie Pudding In Pie
- Goosey Goosey Gander
- Going To Saint Ives
- Golden Slumbers
- Hickory Dickory Dock
- Hey Diddle Diddle
- Humpty Dumpty
- Hush Little Baby
- I Can Sing A Rainbow
- It’s Raining It’s Pouring
- Itsy Bitsy Spider
- If You’re Happy And You Know It
- I Had A Little Nut Tree
- I’m A Little Teapot
- I Saw A Ship A-Sailing
- Jack And Jill
- Little Bo Peep
- Little Polly Flinders
- Mary Had A Little Lamb
- Mary Mary Quite Contrary
- Oats And Beans And Barley Grow
- This Little Piggy Went To Market
- Ten Fat Sausages
- Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
- To Market To Market
- Where Has My Little Dog Gone
- Wind The Bobbin Up
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who specialised in Preschool and Kindergarten teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and is passionate about kids crafts, preschool music and reading with kids. Don’t forget to follow our fun crafts and creative ideas over on Facebook.